Cong activists stage protest against RSS chief
Bangalore: Congress activists Monday staged protest against RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat over what they termed as "irrational comments" on women and demanded that he tender an apology to the nation.
The protesters chanted slogans against Bhagwat and burnt his posters.
Assailing Bhagwat`s comments on women, the congress workers also urged that he apologised to fairer sex.
Bhagwats` comments that the marriage is a contract and woman is bound to look after her husband had stoked a controversy across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest