Cong, JD-S money power destabilised K`taka govt: Gadkari
Mumbai: BJP chief Nitin Gadkari on Thursday
alleged that the Karnataka government had been destabilised by
JD-S and Congress` "money power".
"This kind of politics is started by Congress party.
The government in Karnataka is destabilised by JD-S and
Congress` money power," Gadkari said.
"Truth is, every MLA wants to become a minister but
not everyone can become one. I can assure you that Karnataka
Government is a popular government and we are committed to
give a good, corruption-free governance," he said in a web
chat at the state BJP office here.
In Maharashtra, Gadkari ruled out any alliance with
`good friend` Raj Thackeray`s Maharashtra Navnirman Sena
Asked if the recent Ayodhya verdict is a moral boost
to BJP, Gadkari said, "I don`t want to politicise the verdict.
Ayodhya is not a political subject. It is a national issue."
On criticism over the choice of words in his speeches,
Gadkari said "it is a wrong impression in the minds of the
Press. I believe my words were wrongly interpreted."
Asked about the vexed Maharashtra-Karnataka border
dispute, Gadkari said, "This issue is related with the
Central Government. When there is a dispute between states the
Centre or Supreme Court should resolve the issue."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report