Cong, JD-S money power destabilised K`taka govt: Gadkari
Mumbai: BJP chief Nitin Gadkari on Thursday
alleged that the Karnataka government had been destabilised by
JD-S and Congress` "money power".
"This kind of politics is started by Congress party.
The government in Karnataka is destabilised by JD-S and
Congress` money power," Gadkari said.
"Truth is, every MLA wants to become a minister but
not everyone can become one. I can assure you that Karnataka
Government is a popular government and we are committed to
give a good, corruption-free governance," he said in a web
chat at the state BJP office here.
In Maharashtra, Gadkari ruled out any alliance with
`good friend` Raj Thackeray`s Maharashtra Navnirman Sena
Asked if the recent Ayodhya verdict is a moral boost
to BJP, Gadkari said, "I don`t want to politicise the verdict.
Ayodhya is not a political subject. It is a national issue."
On criticism over the choice of words in his speeches,
Gadkari said "it is a wrong impression in the minds of the
Press. I believe my words were wrongly interpreted."
Asked about the vexed Maharashtra-Karnataka border
dispute, Gadkari said, "This issue is related with the
Central Government. When there is a dispute between states the
Centre or Supreme Court should resolve the issue."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Congress comes out with scathing 'report card' on PM Narendra Modi's 1yr rule