Contempt notices to Chief Secretary, MD BMRCL
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court Monday ordered issue of notices to Chief Secretary and Managing Director of Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) on a contempt petition filed against non compliance of the High Court order on shifting of statue of Dr B R Ambedkar from the precints of Vidhana Soudha.
A division bench comprising acting Chief Justice K Sreedhar Rao and Justice B V Nagarathna ordered the contempt notices to Chief Secretary S V Ranganath and M D BMRCL, N Sivasailam.
Petitioner A V Amaranathan, an advocate, submitted that the December 11 last order of the court directing the state government to shift the statue temporarily within 15 days, had not been complied with.
On the Interlocutory Application filed by the government on the earlier disposed of PIL, seeking two months time to shift the statue, the court ordered issue of hand summons to Sivasailam to appear before the court tomorrow.
The Bangalore-based advocate had approached the High Court claiming that the work on the Metro Rail project was being impeded and delayed because of the statue and sought that it be shifted temporarily till completion of the work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog