Contempt notices to Chief Secretary, MD BMRCL
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court Monday ordered issue of notices to Chief Secretary and Managing Director of Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) on a contempt petition filed against non compliance of the High Court order on shifting of statue of Dr B R Ambedkar from the precints of Vidhana Soudha.
A division bench comprising acting Chief Justice K Sreedhar Rao and Justice B V Nagarathna ordered the contempt notices to Chief Secretary S V Ranganath and M D BMRCL, N Sivasailam.
Petitioner A V Amaranathan, an advocate, submitted that the December 11 last order of the court directing the state government to shift the statue temporarily within 15 days, had not been complied with.
On the Interlocutory Application filed by the government on the earlier disposed of PIL, seeking two months time to shift the statue, the court ordered issue of hand summons to Sivasailam to appear before the court tomorrow.
The Bangalore-based advocate had approached the High Court claiming that the work on the Metro Rail project was being impeded and delayed because of the statue and sought that it be shifted temporarily till completion of the work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love