Contempt notices to Chief Secretary, MD BMRCL
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court Monday ordered issue of notices to Chief Secretary and Managing Director of Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) on a contempt petition filed against non compliance of the High Court order on shifting of statue of Dr B R Ambedkar from the precints of Vidhana Soudha.
A division bench comprising acting Chief Justice K Sreedhar Rao and Justice B V Nagarathna ordered the contempt notices to Chief Secretary S V Ranganath and M D BMRCL, N Sivasailam.
Petitioner A V Amaranathan, an advocate, submitted that the December 11 last order of the court directing the state government to shift the statue temporarily within 15 days, had not been complied with.
On the Interlocutory Application filed by the government on the earlier disposed of PIL, seeking two months time to shift the statue, the court ordered issue of hand summons to Sivasailam to appear before the court tomorrow.
The Bangalore-based advocate had approached the High Court claiming that the work on the Metro Rail project was being impeded and delayed because of the statue and sought that it be shifted temporarily till completion of the work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing