Court stays shooting of Kannada film on Nithyananda
Bangalore: A court on Tuesday restrained the
production and shooting of a Kannada film purportedly based on
the life of controversial self-styled godman Nithyananda,
facing criminal charges including rape, till April 23.
Additional Civil Judge Ashwathnarayana passed the
interim injunction after hearing a defamation suit by
Nithyananda against the producer-director of film `Satyananda`
Madan Patel (popularly known as Madana Mallu) and the hero of
the film, Ravi Chethan.
Senior counsel Krishna Kumar Bhagawati, who
represented Nithyananda, submitted that the story of the film
"defamed a religious person who was working for the good of
the society and was a obscene and wrong portrayal of his
Bhagawati pointed out that despite a lawyer`s notice
being served on Madana Mallu, he proceeded with the shooting
of the film. The counsel sought a compensation of over Rs
three crore from Mallu.
Nithyananda landed in controversy in March last year
after a local television channel aired a purported video
footage showing him in a compromising position with a Tamil
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000