DC seizes lorries illegally transporting sand
Mangalore: Dakshina Kannada Deputy Commissioner AB Ibrahim has seized several lorries illegally transporting sand to other places without proper documents here on Wednesday evening.
The seizures were affected with the assistance of District Superintendent of Police Sharanappa, official sources said.
The DC was on his way to Neriya of Beltangady taluk from here when he observed the lorries and checked them. Several of them were found to be illegally carrying sand out of the district and grossly overloaded. As many as seven of the 33 lorries checked did not have permits, the sources said.
Cases were filed against the erring trucks and fine up to Rs 2.17 lakh was imposed.
The lorries were allegedly carrying sand procured illegally from areas including Jeppinamogaru, Kavoor, Kuloor, Adyar, and Ullal to Bangalore, Mysore, Kushalnagar, K R Nagara, Sakaleshpura and Belur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested