DC seizes lorries illegally transporting sand
Mangalore: Dakshina Kannada Deputy Commissioner AB Ibrahim has seized several lorries illegally transporting sand to other places without proper documents here on Wednesday evening.
The seizures were affected with the assistance of District Superintendent of Police Sharanappa, official sources said.
The DC was on his way to Neriya of Beltangady taluk from here when he observed the lorries and checked them. Several of them were found to be illegally carrying sand out of the district and grossly overloaded. As many as seven of the 33 lorries checked did not have permits, the sources said.
Cases were filed against the erring trucks and fine up to Rs 2.17 lakh was imposed.
The lorries were allegedly carrying sand procured illegally from areas including Jeppinamogaru, Kavoor, Kuloor, Adyar, and Ullal to Bangalore, Mysore, Kushalnagar, K R Nagara, Sakaleshpura and Belur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon