DC seizes lorries illegally transporting sand
Mangalore: Dakshina Kannada Deputy Commissioner AB Ibrahim has seized several lorries illegally transporting sand to other places without proper documents here on Wednesday evening.
The seizures were affected with the assistance of District Superintendent of Police Sharanappa, official sources said.
The DC was on his way to Neriya of Beltangady taluk from here when he observed the lorries and checked them. Several of them were found to be illegally carrying sand out of the district and grossly overloaded. As many as seven of the 33 lorries checked did not have permits, the sources said.
Cases were filed against the erring trucks and fine up to Rs 2.17 lakh was imposed.
The lorries were allegedly carrying sand procured illegally from areas including Jeppinamogaru, Kavoor, Kuloor, Adyar, and Ullal to Bangalore, Mysore, Kushalnagar, K R Nagara, Sakaleshpura and Belur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians