DC seizes lorries illegally transporting sand
Mangalore: Dakshina Kannada Deputy Commissioner AB Ibrahim has seized several lorries illegally transporting sand to other places without proper documents here on Wednesday evening.
The seizures were affected with the assistance of District Superintendent of Police Sharanappa, official sources said.
The DC was on his way to Neriya of Beltangady taluk from here when he observed the lorries and checked them. Several of them were found to be illegally carrying sand out of the district and grossly overloaded. As many as seven of the 33 lorries checked did not have permits, the sources said.
Cases were filed against the erring trucks and fine up to Rs 2.17 lakh was imposed.
The lorries were allegedly carrying sand procured illegally from areas including Jeppinamogaru, Kavoor, Kuloor, Adyar, and Ullal to Bangalore, Mysore, Kushalnagar, K R Nagara, Sakaleshpura and Belur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi