Examination malpractice unearthed in Karnataka
Bangalore: The Karnataka government has unearthed a major examination malpractice, involving over 5,000 nursing students across the state.
"The Medical Education Department has unearthed a major examination malpractice in diploma nursing examination which were conducted in August last year. As many as 5,001 students have been identified for involving in the incident," Medical Education Minister S A Ramdas told reporters here.
Ramdas said criminal proceedings will be initiated against 255 invigilators and supervisors and strict action would be taken against a clerk in the Nursing Board for involving in the malpractice.
After scrutinising the answer sheets which were sought for, the department officials found that the signatures and handwriting of 5,001 debarred students were not matching, the minister said.
Of the 5001 debarred students, 1,346 students had same handwriting, but different signatures, Ramdas said, adding, another 3,655 students had different handwritings and signatures.
In some instances, marks were alloted to students who had left practical papers unanswered and hence the examination will be held in next 15 days, Ramdas said.
Criminal proceedings will be initiated against the accused and an inquiry commission set up to look into the matter, he said.
In view of the malpractices, the examination which was scheduled for February will now be postponed, Ramdas stated.
Meanwhile, Ramdas said he would meet Governor H R Bhardwaj next week with regard to Nursing Authority Bill, pending approval.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report