Fresh complaint against H D Kumaraswamy
Bangalore: A fresh complaint was on Thursday filed against former Karnataka Chief Minister and JDS unit President H D Kumaraswamy in the Lokayukta Court accusing him of denotifying government land for pecuniary gain,causing an estimated loss of about Rs 56 crore to the state exchequer.
It was alleged that Kumaraswamy as Chief Minister in 2007, had denotified 2 acres 24 guntas (a gunta is 1/40th of an acre) in Halagevodeyarahalli, which was sanctioned for formation of Banashankari 5th stage layout by Bangalore Development Authority in 1990, for pecuniary gain.
Apart from Kumaraswamy, the complainant Mahadev Swamy, a former JDS worker and farmer by profession, has accused 18 others who are known to Kumaraswamy in the complaint.
Judge N K Sudhindra Rao posted the complaint to tomorrow for orders on its admissibility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?