Fresh complaint against H D Kumaraswamy
Bangalore: A fresh complaint was on Thursday filed against former Karnataka Chief Minister and JDS unit President H D Kumaraswamy in the Lokayukta Court accusing him of denotifying government land for pecuniary gain,causing an estimated loss of about Rs 56 crore to the state exchequer.
It was alleged that Kumaraswamy as Chief Minister in 2007, had denotified 2 acres 24 guntas (a gunta is 1/40th of an acre) in Halagevodeyarahalli, which was sanctioned for formation of Banashankari 5th stage layout by Bangalore Development Authority in 1990, for pecuniary gain.
Apart from Kumaraswamy, the complainant Mahadev Swamy, a former JDS worker and farmer by profession, has accused 18 others who are known to Kumaraswamy in the complaint.
Judge N K Sudhindra Rao posted the complaint to tomorrow for orders on its admissibility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley