HC adjourns hearing on Yeddyurappa`s petition
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Monday adjourned
to Tuesday hearing on the petition filed by former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa seeking quashing of the two
corruption cases filed against him.
Justice Anand Byrareddy adjourned the matter when the
petition came up for hearing before him.
Responding to the arguments put forward by senior counsel
for the petitioner Jayakumar S Patil on January 6, respondent
advocate Sirajin Basha`s counsel Nitin said sanction for
prosecution need not be accorded for each and every offence.
It is in connection with these two corruption cases out of
the five filed by Basha that the Lokayukta Court had ordered
issue of summons against Yeddyurappa on August 8 last year
which subsequently led to his arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends