HC adjourns hearing on Yeddyurappa`s petition
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Monday adjourned
to Tuesday hearing on the petition filed by former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa seeking quashing of the two
corruption cases filed against him.
Justice Anand Byrareddy adjourned the matter when the
petition came up for hearing before him.
Responding to the arguments put forward by senior counsel
for the petitioner Jayakumar S Patil on January 6, respondent
advocate Sirajin Basha`s counsel Nitin said sanction for
prosecution need not be accorded for each and every offence.
It is in connection with these two corruption cases out of
the five filed by Basha that the Lokayukta Court had ordered
issue of summons against Yeddyurappa on August 8 last year
which subsequently led to his arrest.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane