HC adjourns hearing on Yeddyurappa`s petition
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Monday adjourned
to Tuesday hearing on the petition filed by former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa seeking quashing of the two
corruption cases filed against him.
Justice Anand Byrareddy adjourned the matter when the
petition came up for hearing before him.
Responding to the arguments put forward by senior counsel
for the petitioner Jayakumar S Patil on January 6, respondent
advocate Sirajin Basha`s counsel Nitin said sanction for
prosecution need not be accorded for each and every offence.
It is in connection with these two corruption cases out of
the five filed by Basha that the Lokayukta Court had ordered
issue of summons against Yeddyurappa on August 8 last year
which subsequently led to his arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported