HC adjourns hearing on Yeddyurappa`s petition
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Monday adjourned
to Tuesday hearing on the petition filed by former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa seeking quashing of the two
corruption cases filed against him.
Justice Anand Byrareddy adjourned the matter when the
petition came up for hearing before him.
Responding to the arguments put forward by senior counsel
for the petitioner Jayakumar S Patil on January 6, respondent
advocate Sirajin Basha`s counsel Nitin said sanction for
prosecution need not be accorded for each and every offence.
It is in connection with these two corruption cases out of
the five filed by Basha that the Lokayukta Court had ordered
issue of summons against Yeddyurappa on August 8 last year
which subsequently led to his arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok