HC adjourns hearing on Yeddyurappa`s petition
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Monday adjourned
to Tuesday hearing on the petition filed by former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa seeking quashing of the two
corruption cases filed against him.
Justice Anand Byrareddy adjourned the matter when the
petition came up for hearing before him.
Responding to the arguments put forward by senior counsel
for the petitioner Jayakumar S Patil on January 6, respondent
advocate Sirajin Basha`s counsel Nitin said sanction for
prosecution need not be accorded for each and every offence.
It is in connection with these two corruption cases out of
the five filed by Basha that the Lokayukta Court had ordered
issue of summons against Yeddyurappa on August 8 last year
which subsequently led to his arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter