HC orders issue of notice to ISKCON Mumbai
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Friday ordered
issue of notice to ISKCON Mumbai on an interim petition filed
by president of ISKCON Bangalore Madhu Pandit Dasa seeking
expunction of his name and others from the high court verdict
on ISKCON title row last year.
A division bench headed by Justice Nagamohan Das ordered
issue of notice when the petition came up for hearing.
In the petition, Dasa prayed that his name and those of
three others from ISKCON Bangalore be expunged from the High
Court verdict given on title row between ISKCON Bangalore and
ISKCON Mumbai on May 23 last year as they were not parties in
the proceedings on which the verdict was pronounced.
On May 23, 2011, the court ruled that Sri Radha Krishan
Chandra Mandir in Bangalore, which had originally been an
ISKCON temple but had been run by a breakaway group since soon
after its construction in 1997, is officially the property of
ISKCON, registered in Mumbai.
The history of the Bangalore community goes back to 1978,
when ISKCON first began spreading Krishna consciousness there.
From this beginning until now, ISKCON Bangalore has legally
been a part of ISKCON registered at Mumbai, which is within
the international framework of ISKCON under the ultimate
managing authority of the GBC Body.
A permanent presence was established in Bangalore in 1981.
In 1984, Madhu-Pandit Das, now head of the breakaway group,
became temple President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened