Illegal mining: BSY & kin granted relaxation in bail condition
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Tuesday relaxed one of the conditions of anticipatory bail granted to former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa over an illegal mining case being probed by CBI, allowing him to travel anywhere, but be available for investigation whenever CBI asks him to do so.
Yeddyurappa had sought relaxation of the condition as per which he should seek prior permission of the court if he has to travel out of Bangalore.
Justice Subhash B Adi granted the relaxation while directing CBI to intimate Yeddyurappa, his two sons and son-in-law 24 hours in advance .
Meanwhile, the other three accused in the case -- his two sons BY Vijayendra, BY Raghavendra and son-in-law RN Sohan Kumar were also granted relaxation in the anticipatory bail condition with a similar direction to the CBI.
All of them had filed interlocutory applications seeking relaxation in the anticipatory bail condition wherein they should take prior permission of CBI even if they have to travel out of Bangalore.
Earlier, all four filed individual affidavits stating they would be available whenever required by CBI for investigation.
The affidavits were filed by their senior counsels Ashok Haranahally and Prabhuling K Navadgi.
On August 6, the Supreme Court had rejected the CBI plea for cancellation of anticipatory bail.
On June 21 Karnataka High Court had granted anticipatory bail to all the four accused in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past