Illegal mining: BSY & kin granted relaxation in bail condition
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Tuesday relaxed one of the conditions of anticipatory bail granted to former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa over an illegal mining case being probed by CBI, allowing him to travel anywhere, but be available for investigation whenever CBI asks him to do so.
Yeddyurappa had sought relaxation of the condition as per which he should seek prior permission of the court if he has to travel out of Bangalore.
Justice Subhash B Adi granted the relaxation while directing CBI to intimate Yeddyurappa, his two sons and son-in-law 24 hours in advance .
Meanwhile, the other three accused in the case -- his two sons BY Vijayendra, BY Raghavendra and son-in-law RN Sohan Kumar were also granted relaxation in the anticipatory bail condition with a similar direction to the CBI.
All of them had filed interlocutory applications seeking relaxation in the anticipatory bail condition wherein they should take prior permission of CBI even if they have to travel out of Bangalore.
Earlier, all four filed individual affidavits stating they would be available whenever required by CBI for investigation.
The affidavits were filed by their senior counsels Ashok Haranahally and Prabhuling K Navadgi.
On August 6, the Supreme Court had rejected the CBI plea for cancellation of anticipatory bail.
On June 21 Karnataka High Court had granted anticipatory bail to all the four accused in the case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks