Iron ore scam: CBI arrests Reddy`s associate
Bangalore: A close associate of mining baron and former minister G Janardhana Reddy has been arrested by the CBI in connection with illegal iron ore export from the Belekeri port in Karwar.
KV Nagaraj alias Swastik Nagaraj, arrested yesterday in Bellary, was produced on Friday before the CBI court, which remanded him in police custody till March 8.
He has been charged under various IPC sections and the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 besides Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) MMDR Act1963 and section 24 of the Karnataka Forest Act 1963.
Under a Supreme Court directive, the CBI is investigating illegal export of iron ore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding