Iron ore scam: CBI arrests Reddy`s associate
Bangalore: A close associate of mining baron and former minister G Janardhana Reddy has been arrested by the CBI in connection with illegal iron ore export from the Belekeri port in Karwar.
KV Nagaraj alias Swastik Nagaraj, arrested yesterday in Bellary, was produced on Friday before the CBI court, which remanded him in police custody till March 8.
He has been charged under various IPC sections and the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 besides Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) MMDR Act1963 and section 24 of the Karnataka Forest Act 1963.
Under a Supreme Court directive, the CBI is investigating illegal export of iron ore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach