Iron ore scam: CBI arrests Reddy`s associate
Bangalore: A close associate of mining baron and former minister G Janardhana Reddy has been arrested by the CBI in connection with illegal iron ore export from the Belekeri port in Karwar.
KV Nagaraj alias Swastik Nagaraj, arrested yesterday in Bellary, was produced on Friday before the CBI court, which remanded him in police custody till March 8.
He has been charged under various IPC sections and the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 besides Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) MMDR Act1963 and section 24 of the Karnataka Forest Act 1963.
Under a Supreme Court directive, the CBI is investigating illegal export of iron ore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement