Iron ore scam: CBI arrests Reddy`s associate
Bangalore: A close associate of mining baron and former minister G Janardhana Reddy has been arrested by the CBI in connection with illegal iron ore export from the Belekeri port in Karwar.
KV Nagaraj alias Swastik Nagaraj, arrested yesterday in Bellary, was produced on Friday before the CBI court, which remanded him in police custody till March 8.
He has been charged under various IPC sections and the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 besides Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) MMDR Act1963 and section 24 of the Karnataka Forest Act 1963.
Under a Supreme Court directive, the CBI is investigating illegal export of iron ore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP