Iron ore scam: CBI arrests Reddy`s associate
Bangalore: A close associate of mining baron and former minister G Janardhana Reddy has been arrested by the CBI in connection with illegal iron ore export from the Belekeri port in Karwar.
KV Nagaraj alias Swastik Nagaraj, arrested yesterday in Bellary, was produced on Friday before the CBI court, which remanded him in police custody till March 8.
He has been charged under various IPC sections and the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 besides Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) MMDR Act1963 and section 24 of the Karnataka Forest Act 1963.
Under a Supreme Court directive, the CBI is investigating illegal export of iron ore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured