It’s time to change style of functioning: Yeddy
Shimoga: Former Karnataka Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa on Saturday said he wanted to bring in a
"change" in his style of functioning in politics as he was a
"victim of conspiracy hatched by Congress, JDS and detractors
"I am a victim of conspiracy scripted by Congress, JDS
and detractors with my party. To avoid getting victimised in
future, I have to be changed, I need to be changed and I will
be changed," he said at a meeting organised by his supporters
Yeddyurappa claimed that JDS and Congress "tried to
finish" his political career by levelling "baseless"
allegations as he was gaining popularity by taking up
development works across the state at a fast pace when he was
the chief minister.
The former chief minister said he hoped that he would
come out clean from all the allegations levelled against him
by the opposition.
"In my over 40 year political career, unlike Abhimanyu, I
have learnt the art of entering Chakravyuha and coming out of
it. Nobody can dismantle me," he said.
Yeddyurappa claimed that it was he who tried to stop
illegal mining in the state by bringing it to the notice of
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. "Instead of the Prime Minister
honouring me, the Congress conspired against me by levelling
baseless allegations," he said.
He also challenged former Karnataka Lokayukta Santosh
Hegde to fight a legal battle if he wished over phone tapping
allegations made against him during illegal mining probe.
Stating that he was against forming a regional party,
Yeddyurappa said he would work to strengthen BJP in the state
and win the next elections.
"BJP works for the development of the state. I will try
to strengthen it even further". However, there is need for the
party to induct new faces, he said, adding, "youngsters are
necessary to give a fresh impetus to the party".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery