Janardhan Reddy seeks court nod to visit Bellary
Hyderabad: Former Karnataka minister Gali
Janardhan Reddy on Thursday filed an interim bail petition at a
court here seeking permission to visit Bellary to participate
in his mother`s death anniversary ritual.
Janardhan Reddy, lodged in the Chanchalguda jail here
along with brother-in-law BV Srinivas Reddy since September 5
after being arrested by the CBI in connection with "illegal"
mining case involving the Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC)
owned by him, filed an interim bail plea in the Special Court
for CBI cases seeking permission to visit Bellary along with
jail escort for two days to attend his mother`s death
anniversary ceremony on December 31.
The petitioner said he has been regularly participating
in his mother`s death anniversary ceremony since 2000 and had
been involved in religious and charity programmes organised on
The court posted the matter for hearing tomorrow to allow
the CBI file its counter.
Meanwhile, the court through video conference extended
the judicial remand of the Reddys and another accused and
former director mines V D Rajagopal till January 12, 2012.
It had yesterday withheld its verdict on the bail
applications of the Reddys after their counsels sought for
reopening the hearing to enable them to present additional
submission seeking bail.
The next hearing on the bail pleas will also come up
CBI probing the OMC scam had filed its chargesheet
against the Reddys and three others on December 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks