Janardhan Reddy seeks court nod to visit Bellary
Hyderabad: Former Karnataka minister Gali
Janardhan Reddy on Thursday filed an interim bail petition at a
court here seeking permission to visit Bellary to participate
in his mother`s death anniversary ritual.
Janardhan Reddy, lodged in the Chanchalguda jail here
along with brother-in-law BV Srinivas Reddy since September 5
after being arrested by the CBI in connection with "illegal"
mining case involving the Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC)
owned by him, filed an interim bail plea in the Special Court
for CBI cases seeking permission to visit Bellary along with
jail escort for two days to attend his mother`s death
anniversary ceremony on December 31.
The petitioner said he has been regularly participating
in his mother`s death anniversary ceremony since 2000 and had
been involved in religious and charity programmes organised on
The court posted the matter for hearing tomorrow to allow
the CBI file its counter.
Meanwhile, the court through video conference extended
the judicial remand of the Reddys and another accused and
former director mines V D Rajagopal till January 12, 2012.
It had yesterday withheld its verdict on the bail
applications of the Reddys after their counsels sought for
reopening the hearing to enable them to present additional
submission seeking bail.
The next hearing on the bail pleas will also come up
CBI probing the OMC scam had filed its chargesheet
against the Reddys and three others on December 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'