Janardhan Reddy seeks court nod to visit Bellary
Hyderabad: Former Karnataka minister Gali
Janardhan Reddy on Thursday filed an interim bail petition at a
court here seeking permission to visit Bellary to participate
in his mother`s death anniversary ritual.
Janardhan Reddy, lodged in the Chanchalguda jail here
along with brother-in-law BV Srinivas Reddy since September 5
after being arrested by the CBI in connection with "illegal"
mining case involving the Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC)
owned by him, filed an interim bail plea in the Special Court
for CBI cases seeking permission to visit Bellary along with
jail escort for two days to attend his mother`s death
anniversary ceremony on December 31.
The petitioner said he has been regularly participating
in his mother`s death anniversary ceremony since 2000 and had
been involved in religious and charity programmes organised on
The court posted the matter for hearing tomorrow to allow
the CBI file its counter.
Meanwhile, the court through video conference extended
the judicial remand of the Reddys and another accused and
former director mines V D Rajagopal till January 12, 2012.
It had yesterday withheld its verdict on the bail
applications of the Reddys after their counsels sought for
reopening the hearing to enable them to present additional
submission seeking bail.
The next hearing on the bail pleas will also come up
CBI probing the OMC scam had filed its chargesheet
against the Reddys and three others on December 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!