Karna CM promises land for Sivagiri Mutt in B`lore
Thiruvananthapuram: Karnataka Government will
provide land for Kerala-based Sree Narayana Dharma Sangham
Trust in Bangalore to open a centre of Sivagiri Mutt founded
by saint-reformer Sree Narayana Guru.
This was stated by Karnataka Chief Minister D V Sadananda
Gowda while inaugurating the valedictory session of the 79th
annual pilgrimage at Sivagiri Mutt at Varkala, about 40 km
from here last evening.
The Guru`s central message of "one caste, one religion and
one God for man" was of greater relevance in modern times on
account of its emphasis on social harmony and peace, he said.
The Guru`s life and teachings had played a vital role in
empowering marginalised sections in the society and they would
continue to inspire future generations, he said.
Gowda said Karnataka Government would support pilgrim
centres and special allocation would be made for this in the
Union Minister of State for Power, K C Venugopal, who
presided, said, the Sivagiri pilgrimage was in essence an
annual spiritual experience.
Sree Narayana Guru, who started the pilgrimage on the dawn
of the New Year 79 years ago, was the trail blazer of social
reforms which had no parallel in the country, Venugopal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note