Karna CM promises land for Sivagiri Mutt in B`lore
Thiruvananthapuram: Karnataka Government will
provide land for Kerala-based Sree Narayana Dharma Sangham
Trust in Bangalore to open a centre of Sivagiri Mutt founded
by saint-reformer Sree Narayana Guru.
This was stated by Karnataka Chief Minister D V Sadananda
Gowda while inaugurating the valedictory session of the 79th
annual pilgrimage at Sivagiri Mutt at Varkala, about 40 km
from here last evening.
The Guru`s central message of "one caste, one religion and
one God for man" was of greater relevance in modern times on
account of its emphasis on social harmony and peace, he said.
The Guru`s life and teachings had played a vital role in
empowering marginalised sections in the society and they would
continue to inspire future generations, he said.
Gowda said Karnataka Government would support pilgrim
centres and special allocation would be made for this in the
Union Minister of State for Power, K C Venugopal, who
presided, said, the Sivagiri pilgrimage was in essence an
annual spiritual experience.
Sree Narayana Guru, who started the pilgrimage on the dawn
of the New Year 79 years ago, was the trail blazer of social
reforms which had no parallel in the country, Venugopal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers