Karnataka CM rubbishes Sonia`s claim on funds
Hubli: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Saturday rubbished UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi`s claim that the Centre had released Rs 80,000 crore to the state in the last five years and said the state was ready to provide details of grants.
"Karnataka has not received Rs 80,000 crore from the Central government as claimed by Sonia Gandhi. We are ready to furnish details of grants received and spent," he told reporters here.
Sonia Gandhi in her address to party leaders and workers in Mangalore on October 18 had claimed that the Centre had released Rs 80,000 crore to the state in last five years.
Shettar rejected state JDS president HD Kumaraswamy`s charge of irregularities in construction of Suvarna Vidhana Soudha in Belgaum, saying, "Let Kumaraswamy provide documents exposing corruption in constructing it. If any irregularities are found, I will order an inquiry into it."
He declined to comment on senior BJP leader BS Yeddyurappa`s intention to float a new political party.
On Belgaum district in charge minister Umesh Katti`s controversial remarks of separate statehood for North Karnataka, Shettar blamed the media for misinterpretation. "There is no need to attach importance to the misinterpreted statement," he said.
People of North Karnataka have worked for the state`s unification and would not tolerate such a demand, Shettar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city