Karnataka: EX-KPCC chief slams BJP govt
Bangalore: Former Karnataka PCC President R V Deshpande Monday slammed BJP government in Karnataka for "cheating" farmers promising them to waive Rs 25,000 loans.
Government has allowed farmers to repay their loans till June, 2013 to be eligible for the loan waiver scheme, he said and pointed out "this shows the government has no money to fund the loan waiver scheme and wanted to dump the responsibility to the next government as BJP`s terms end by May next year".
As the government has not released money to cooperative institutions, their finances have come under strain and they were not in a position to extend loan to farmers, he told reporters.
He also hit out at government for repeatedly accusing the Centre of meting out step-motherly treatment to Karnataka.
Centre has so far this year released Rs 419.6 crore and the state has released only Rs 238 crore out of this amount.
The administration under BJP government has crumbled in the last four years, he charged.
Deshpande wanted the government to take steps to clear the garbage in the Bangalore City.
He dubbed the tour of drought-hit areas being undertaken by former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa in the company of Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar as "political drama" to derive "political mileage".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack