Karnataka HC dismisses PDP leader Madani`s bail plea
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Thursday rejected the bail petition of PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani, who is an accused in the 2008 Bangalore serial blasts case.
Madani had filed the bail plea on health grounds. The HC had earlier reserved its verdict on the bail plea earlier this month.
In his bail plea, Madani had submitted that he was a chronic diabetic and wheelchair dependent. He said that he also suffers from cardiac problems, disc prolapse, cervical spondylosis and has been diagnosed with `diabetic retinopathy` (eye ailment).
He contended that ever since he was arrested and sent to judicial custody, no proper medical treatment was given to him for any of the above ailments.
The petitioner claimed that he has already lost vision in his right eye and has only 30 per cent vision in the left eye.
Madani, arrested in Kerala on August 17, 2010 and sent to judicial custody, has been lodged in Parappana Agrahara jail since then.
Madani has been charged with treason, terrorism and attempt to murder.
Karnataka Police have accused Madani of being part of the hatching the plot and assisting terrorists. The serial blasts prior to a poll meeting to be addressed by senior BJP leader LK Advani had left 58 people dead and over 200 others injured.
The PDP leader had been accused of involvement in the 1998 Coimbatore bomb blast case but was acquitted by the trial court. Madani had spent nine years in jail before being acquitted in 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people