Karnataka: Judicial custody of 13 terror suspects extended till Oct 2
Bangalore: A local court has extended till October 25, the judicial custody of 13 persons with suspected links to Laskhar-e-Taiba and HUJI who were nabbed in August.
All of them were produced before the first Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Venkatesh Hulagi who extended their judicial custody till Oct 25, Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Dayanand said.
The 14th arrested suspect has been taken to Maharashtra by the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS), he said.
All the terror suspects, including a journalist of an English daily were arrested from Hubli and Bangalore between August 28 and Sept 3 by police, who claimed to have foiled a plot to target MPs, MLAs and mediapersons in Karnataka.
A foreign made 7.65 mm pistol, seven rounds of ammunition and other gadgets were seized from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP dares Bihar government to ban VHP meet as Tejaswi Yadav threatens action against Pravin Togadia
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China
- Brexit poll: In or out? British bookmakers see more bets placed on Britain staying in European Union