Karnataka: Judicial custody of 13 terror suspects extended till Oct 2
Bangalore: A local court has extended till October 25, the judicial custody of 13 persons with suspected links to Laskhar-e-Taiba and HUJI who were nabbed in August.
All of them were produced before the first Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Venkatesh Hulagi who extended their judicial custody till Oct 25, Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Dayanand said.
The 14th arrested suspect has been taken to Maharashtra by the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS), he said.
All the terror suspects, including a journalist of an English daily were arrested from Hubli and Bangalore between August 28 and Sept 3 by police, who claimed to have foiled a plot to target MPs, MLAs and mediapersons in Karnataka.
A foreign made 7.65 mm pistol, seven rounds of ammunition and other gadgets were seized from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000