Karnataka legislature session from June 23
Bangalore: A 30-working day session of Karnataka Legislature would begin on June 23, state Law and Parliamentary Affairs Minister TB Jayachandra on Wednesday said.
Briefing reporters after a cabinet meeting, he said the session would last till July 30.
"For the first time in the recent past, Karnataka will be holding 30-working day legislature session," he said.
Siddaramaiah government was keen on conducting at least 60 days of legislature session in the year, he said.
"This year so far, we could not hold the legislature session for more number of days due to elections, including Assembly and Lok Sabha polls," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand