Karnataka legislature session from June 23
Bangalore: A 30-working day session of Karnataka Legislature would begin on June 23, state Law and Parliamentary Affairs Minister TB Jayachandra on Wednesday said.
Briefing reporters after a cabinet meeting, he said the session would last till July 30.
"For the first time in the recent past, Karnataka will be holding 30-working day legislature session," he said.
Siddaramaiah government was keen on conducting at least 60 days of legislature session in the year, he said.
"This year so far, we could not hold the legislature session for more number of days due to elections, including Assembly and Lok Sabha polls," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says