Kumaraswamy for fresh Assembly polls in Karnataka
Bangalore: Claiming that some sections in the
ruling BJP were trying to destabilize the Sadanada Gowda
Government, JD-S Karnataka unit President H D Kumaraswamy
today demanded dissolution of the Assembly and holding fresh
"BJP is on shaky terrain as some sections of the BJP were
making all efforts to destabilise the government ... It is
better to face fresh elections," he told reporters here.
Differences have cropped up in the BJP on the issue of
senior leader B S Yeddyurappa, who quit over corruption
charges, returning as chief minister.
As many as 17 MPs had urged the central BJP leadership to
reinstate Yeddyurappa as Chief Minister, but Gowda has been
maintaining that he would continue in the post till the next
Assembly elections due to in 2013.
Indirectly targeting Yeddyurappa, whom the opposition has
been alleging was controlling the government, Kumaraswamy
lamented that Sadananda Gowda did not enjoy freedom in
administration which affected developmental work.
Kumaraswamy also flayed KPCC President G Parameshwara and
Opposition Leader in the Assembly Siddaramaiah for not taking
JD-S into confidence to defeat Gowda in the recently-concluded
Legislative Council by-election in which his party abstained
"They don`t have moral right to criticise me as they did
not take JD-S into confidence in choosing a candidate to
defeat Sadananda Gowda in Council bypoll," he argued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users