Land case: Karnataka Cong leader Shivakumar charge sheeted
Bangalore: Lokayukta police on Thursday filed a charge sheet against senior Congress leader D K Shivakumar and six others, including the Special Deputy Commissioner of Bangalore district, in a land denotification case.
The private complaint against Shivakumar, a former Urban Development Minister and ex-Working President of the Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee, and eight others had been filed by two persons -- T J Abram and Kabbalegowda -- in the Lokayukta Special Court.
The complaint alleged that Shivakumar had purchased a notified land measuring four acres and 20 guntas (a gunta is 1/40th of an acre) at Benniganahalli village in Bangalore East Taluk and got it converted for residential purpose and entered into a joint agreement with Puravankara Builders.
The Lokayukta court had on March 26 directed P K Shivashankara, SP, City Division, Karnataka Lokayukta, to probe the complaint and to submit a report.
On March 27, a criminal case was registered against the Congress MLA and six others under various sections of Prevention of Corruption Act, Karnataka Restriction of Transfer of Land Act, 1991 and IPC.
During investigation, the charges against Shivakumar, Ramegowda (Special Deputy Commissioner), Hameed Ali (senior sub-registrar), Hanumanth (retired tehsildar), K S Chandrashekaraiah (retired revenue inspector), Doddahanumaiah (village accountant) and late B K Srinivas were proved.
After the filing of the charge sheet, the Lokayukta court adjourned the next hearing for July three.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand