NMA gives nod to shift Tipu Sultan armoury
Mandya (Karnataka): The National Monument Authority today gave its nod to shift the 18th century armoury of Tipu Sultan, which had posed a hurdle for doubling work of the Mysore-Bangalore line near Srirangapatna.
NMA Director R Gopal told reporters here that the work on shifting the armoury is expected to be completed in two months.
He said the armoury would be rebuilt at another location after being shifted to preserve it for posterity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!