NMA gives nod to shift Tipu Sultan armoury
Mandya (Karnataka): The National Monument Authority today gave its nod to shift the 18th century armoury of Tipu Sultan, which had posed a hurdle for doubling work of the Mysore-Bangalore line near Srirangapatna.
NMA Director R Gopal told reporters here that the work on shifting the armoury is expected to be completed in two months.
He said the armoury would be rebuilt at another location after being shifted to preserve it for posterity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown