NMA gives nod to shift Tipu Sultan armoury
Mandya (Karnataka): The National Monument Authority today gave its nod to shift the 18th century armoury of Tipu Sultan, which had posed a hurdle for doubling work of the Mysore-Bangalore line near Srirangapatna.
NMA Director R Gopal told reporters here that the work on shifting the armoury is expected to be completed in two months.
He said the armoury would be rebuilt at another location after being shifted to preserve it for posterity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city