No bright future for regional parties in Karnataka
Bijapur: Claiming that regional parties in Karnataka did not have a bright future, Union Minister Mallikarjun Kharge Sunday said former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa`s newly launched Karnataka Janata Party will not succeed.
"There is no bright future for regional parties in Karnataka. KJP would not get success," Kharge said while addressing a public meeting after inaugurating the new Congress office building here.
Hitting out at the ruling BJP in the state, he claimed that the party had failed to give good governance and people were now looking at Congress.
He asked his party men to remain united to bring the party to power in next year`s assembly polls.
Former chief minister N Dharm Singh, who also addressed the gathering, said any party that faces internal squabbles will not win the election, apparently referring to the affairs in BJP.
"BJP is anti-farmer and anti-people and involved in several scandals," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note