No bright future for regional parties in Karnataka
Bijapur: Claiming that regional parties in Karnataka did not have a bright future, Union Minister Mallikarjun Kharge Sunday said former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa`s newly launched Karnataka Janata Party will not succeed.
"There is no bright future for regional parties in Karnataka. KJP would not get success," Kharge said while addressing a public meeting after inaugurating the new Congress office building here.
Hitting out at the ruling BJP in the state, he claimed that the party had failed to give good governance and people were now looking at Congress.
He asked his party men to remain united to bring the party to power in next year`s assembly polls.
Former chief minister N Dharm Singh, who also addressed the gathering, said any party that faces internal squabbles will not win the election, apparently referring to the affairs in BJP.
"BJP is anti-farmer and anti-people and involved in several scandals," he alleged.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed