No bright future for regional parties in Karnataka
Bijapur: Claiming that regional parties in Karnataka did not have a bright future, Union Minister Mallikarjun Kharge Sunday said former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa`s newly launched Karnataka Janata Party will not succeed.
"There is no bright future for regional parties in Karnataka. KJP would not get success," Kharge said while addressing a public meeting after inaugurating the new Congress office building here.
Hitting out at the ruling BJP in the state, he claimed that the party had failed to give good governance and people were now looking at Congress.
He asked his party men to remain united to bring the party to power in next year`s assembly polls.
Former chief minister N Dharm Singh, who also addressed the gathering, said any party that faces internal squabbles will not win the election, apparently referring to the affairs in BJP.
"BJP is anti-farmer and anti-people and involved in several scandals," he alleged.
- DNA: Analysis of Mumbai's juvenile home sting operation - Part II
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- Chopper scam: Willing to come to India and face probe, says AgustaWestland middleman Christian James Michel
- Pro-Afzal event at JNU: Kanhaiya Kumar, others begin indefinite strike against punishment
- Meghalaya CM's wife, Sangma's son file nomination papers for Tura Lok Sabha bypoll
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM
- Pakistani Sikhs open temple after 73 years, risking attacks