Private complaint filed against Minister Varthur Prakash
Bangalore: A private complaint was on Monday filed before Karnataka Lokayukta against Textiles Minister Varathur Prakash accusing him of amassing wealth disproportionate to his known sources of income, Lokayukta sources said.
The complaint against the minister, who is an independent MLA from Kolar district, was filed before the Registrar Lokayukta, by BM Shankare Gowda, a resident of Kolar, the sources told a news agency.
The complainant charged Prakash with furnishing a "false declaration" before the State Election Commission, claiming there were disparities in the assets declared before the Commission and those declared before the Lokayukta.
The complainant alleged that on September 03, 2007, Prakash registered a company by name Nithin Projects Private Limited.
Gowda claimed that in his assets declaration before the SEC in 2008, Prakash failed to disclose the registration of this firm. Prakash declared possession of 150 grams of gold by him and 500 grams of gold by his wife while showing his annual income to be nil.
In the same year, in his declaration before the Lokayukta, the minister allegedly disclosed possession of only 10 kgs of silver, making no mention of the gold possessed by him and his wife.
Two years later, while declaring his assets before the Lokayukta, he disclosed possessing 500 grams of gold and an year later, declared registration of the said firm and showed his annual income to be Rs 14.50 lakh, which he had not declared previously either before the SEC or the Lokayukta.
Reacting to the complaint, Prakash termed as a "political conspiracy" by his detractors and said he would sue the complainant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015