Provide details of funds for rallies: Karna Cong to BJP
Bangalore: Opposition Congress leader in
the Karnataka Assembly, Siddaramaiah on Sunday demanded that the
BJP government should provide details of the source of funding
for its rallies being held across the state.
"BJP is spending hundreds of crores of Rupees on its
rallies. A lot is spent on advertisements alone. Who gave them
the money? They should place this account before the people,"
he said at a press conference here.
His remarks came a day after the ruling party
organised a rally at his home district Mysore, targeting the
Congress leader who led the 320 km `Bellary Chalo` padayatra.
The BJP accused the Opposition leader of not doing
anything for welfare of backward classes after projecting
himself as their leader.
Siddaramaiah said the Congress padayatra and the rally
was funded from donations of partymen, details of which it was
ready to make public.
Chief Minister Yeddyurappa should concentrate on
providing regular power supply, especially in rural areas,
which do not get electricity for even two hours, "instead of
spending time and money on rallies", he said, adding the state
government should step down from power if it fails to perform.
"BJP itself will remove Yeddyurappa shortly from
Chief Ministership," he claimed.
Siddaramaiah also hit out at state BJP president K S
Eswarappa over his allegations against Governor H R Bhardwaj
for openly flaunting his Congress credentials.
"Only fascists can talk like this," he said.
Eswarappa had attacked the Governor for declining
consent to the state`s bill on banning cow slaughter and for
referring it to the President for assent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen