RTI activist`s murder: Three held in Karnataka
Udupi: Three persons were arrested in connection with the alleged murder of an RTI activist, whose body was recently found in a tank in Chikmagalur.
Police identified the arrested as Umesh (38), Naveen (29) and Raghavendra (32), who were nabbed in Bangalore yesterday by a police team.
The arrested, who were produced before a local court, has been remanded in police custody for three days, police said.
RTI activist Vasudeva Adiga went missing on January seven and his body was found in a tank in Chikmagalur on January 13.
Adiga, also a Congress activist had unearthed several illegalities through RTI route, according to police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!