RTI activist`s murder: Three held in Karnataka
Udupi: Three persons were arrested in connection with the alleged murder of an RTI activist, whose body was recently found in a tank in Chikmagalur.
Police identified the arrested as Umesh (38), Naveen (29) and Raghavendra (32), who were nabbed in Bangalore yesterday by a police team.
The arrested, who were produced before a local court, has been remanded in police custody for three days, police said.
RTI activist Vasudeva Adiga went missing on January seven and his body was found in a tank in Chikmagalur on January 13.
Adiga, also a Congress activist had unearthed several illegalities through RTI route, according to police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal