Serial `cyanide` killer sentenced to death by court
Mangalore: A serial killer known for his alleged modus operandi of using cyanide to kill his victims, was sentenced to death by a court here in three cases of murder.
Mohan Kumar, known as the "cyanide killer", was awarded the death sentence by the fourth additional district and session`s court here, which had convicted him on Tuesday last and pronounced the quantum of punishment today.
Judge B K Naik held Kumar guilty of murdering Leelavathi, a resident of Vamadapadavu, and Anitha (22), a resident of Barimar village of Bantval taluk, and Sunanada of Peruvaje.
Naik observed that "this is the rarest of rare cases" and the convict deserves nothing less than death penalty.
During the hearing, Kumar defended himself saying none of the post-mortem reports had mentioned presence of cyanide.
Kumar was arrested on October 21, 2009.The trial of murder cases had commenced in the Fast Track Court in November 2011, and it was later shifted to fourth additional district and session`s court here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das