Seven-year-old girl raped, killed
Mandya: A seven-year-old girl was allegedly raped and murdered after being abducted in the district, police said on Saturday.
The body of the girl, a first standard student, was found buried partially in a nearby sugarcane field this morning.
After returning home from school yesterday, the girl had gone out to answer the nature`s call, when she was abducted by unidentified miscreants near Pandavapura taluk, police officials said.
As she did not return home till late in the evening, her parents and other villagers went in search of her, but could not find her, they said, adding that some passersby noticed human legs protruding out of the loose mud at a sugarcane field nearby and alerted other villagers.
The body was later exhumed and was found to be that of the missing girl, police said.
"Preliminary probe indicated that the girl had been raped and murdered," DySP Geetha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries