Siddaramaiah rejects idea of statehood for north-Karnataka
Belgaum: Opposition Leader in Karnataka Assembly Siddaramaiah on Thursday rejected the idea of separate statehood for North Karnataka in the light of District-in-Charge Minister Umesh Katti`s remarks favouring it.
"I hope all issues pertaining to North Karnataka will be addressed after the opening of the secretariat building here," he told reporters when asked to react on Katti`s remarks.
Pitching for statehood for north-Karnataka, Katti had yesterday said the opening of Suvarna Vidhana Soudha, second legislature complex here, would be significant for according the status.
On former Chief Minister and BJP leader BS Yeddyurappa`s plan to float his own party, Siddramaiah said no regional party had last long in the history of the state politics.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know