Six arrested for cheating students in Karnataka
Bangalore: Six persons, including a Sudanese national, were arrested on Sunday for cheating students by distributing fake university certificates, police said.
The accused were cheating students by distributing fake Bangalore University degree, convocation, migration and provisional certificates and marks cards, police said.
Police said the visa period of the Sudanese had expired in 2003. The arrested were using computers for making certificates and selling them to Indian and foreign students.
The police recovered marks cards, convocation, degree and migration certificates, duplicate seals, pen drivers, CD and Rs 63,500 from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?