Six arrested for cheating students in Karnataka
Bangalore: Six persons, including a Sudanese national, were arrested on Sunday for cheating students by distributing fake university certificates, police said.
The accused were cheating students by distributing fake Bangalore University degree, convocation, migration and provisional certificates and marks cards, police said.
Police said the visa period of the Sudanese had expired in 2003. The arrested were using computers for making certificates and selling them to Indian and foreign students.
The police recovered marks cards, convocation, degree and migration certificates, duplicate seals, pen drivers, CD and Rs 63,500 from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'