Six arrested for cheating students in Karnataka
Bangalore: Six persons, including a Sudanese national, were arrested on Sunday for cheating students by distributing fake university certificates, police said.
The accused were cheating students by distributing fake Bangalore University degree, convocation, migration and provisional certificates and marks cards, police said.
Police said the visa period of the Sudanese had expired in 2003. The arrested were using computers for making certificates and selling them to Indian and foreign students.
The police recovered marks cards, convocation, degree and migration certificates, duplicate seals, pen drivers, CD and Rs 63,500 from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal