Somanna hits out at Governor`s remarks
Mysore: Karnataka Housing Minister V Somanna today hit out at Governor H R Bhardwaj`s remarks that some ministers with `tainted records` had been inducted into the Jagadish Shettar ministry, saying he should think twice before making such comments.
"I am surprised by the remarks of the Governor, who I greatly respect. Bbut he should think twice before making comments. None of the ministers in the cabinet are tainted," he told reporters after seeking the blessings of Suttur seer Shivaratri Deshikendra Swami at JSS Mutt at the foot of Chamundi Hills in city.
To a query, he said it is the Chief Minister`s prerogative to induct legislators into the ministry.
Somanna said the newly installed government would give a clean, transparent and corruption-free rule. He also said there were no differences in the BJP`s state unit.
Bhardwaj had fired a salvo against the Shettar-led BJP Government on July 13 by saying some ministers with `tainted record` had been inducted into it, ignoring his advice.
He also said the country cannot afford to have tainted people in the ministry, but he cannot really stop it from happening.
Bhardwaj had a running battle with the B S Yeddyurappa Government on various issues including corruption.
The Yeddyurappa government had also launched a campaign accusing him of trying to topple his government and seeking his recall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj