Spent sleepless nights in 3 years of BJP rule: Guv
Bangalore: Launching an indirect attack on former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa, Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj today said he had spent `sleepless nights` in the first three years of BJP rule as scams and misuse of power surfaced but praised the incumbent Jagadish Shettar`s rule.
"I couldn`t get sound sleep even for a day in first three years of BJP rule as issues scams and misuse of power rocked the state`s political scenario," he told reporters at a function in Mysore.
Bhardwaj said now there there is improvement in governance as corruption has come down. The government had also handled the drought issue well and the law and order situation was good, he said.
Asked about the Mangalore homestay attack case, he said the government has tackled it in an appropriate manner. "All the accused have been nabbed and are being prosecuted," he said.
On appointment of Lokayukta, a post which is lying vacant since Sept 2011, Bhardwaj expressed confidence that the government would propose the name of an honest person with an impeccable track record. "The government is serious about the issue and I discussed the issue with Shettar two days back," he said.
Bhardwaj said he would approve the right person`s name for the job "as Lokayukta is an important post to curb corruption."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday