Vehicle used by Nazeer ahead of Bangalore blasts seized
Kochi: The vehicle used by T Nazeer, the arrested South India chief of terror outfit Lashkar-e-Toiba who is blamed for the 2008 serial blasts in Bangalore, has been seized here, police said Sunday.
The joint investigation team of the Karnataka and Kerala police that is probing the 2008 bomb blasts in Bangalore has seized the vehicle Nazeer travelled in and have found other vital links and clues as well, Inspector General of Police Tomin J Thachenkeri said.
"The investigation is going on in the right direction and the two arrested would be in Kerala for a few more days and then they would be taken back to Bangalore. After that the Kerala Police will seek their custody," said Thachenkeri, who is heading the Kerala team.
Nazeer and his relative Shafas were picked up near the Meghalaya border early this month. He was brought to Bangalore after he apparently confessed that he was behind the attacks in the IT city.
On being questioned by the police in Bangalore, Nazeer admitted that the entire planning for the Bangalore blast took place in Kerala and the explosives used to make the bomb was stolen from a shop near Aluva near here.
The police have so far picked up eight people from various parts of Kerala for their alleged links with Nazeer. Ali Kadampuzha, a high-level party functionary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) led by Abdul Nasir Maudany, was taken into custody Saturday night.
Nazeer had admitted to having close links with Maudany`s wife Sufiya.
Early this week, police in Kochi named Sufiya as the 10th accused in the 2005 Kalamassery bus burning incident, in which Nazeer is also an accused.
Her anticipatory bail plea comes up at the Kerala High Court Monday.
"If she is an accused, she would be certainly arrested," said Thachenkeri.
Maudany and his wife are now at his residence near Kollam and his close aides say they won`t allow their leader to be taken away anywhere for questioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror