Water released from Karna not yet reached Hogenakkal
Salem: A total of 2000 cusecs of water released from Krishnaraja Sagar dam in Karnataka as per the Supreme Court directive has not yet reached Hogenakkal or Mettur dam, PWD sources said.
They suspect that the water released on February 9 might have been used by farmers for irrigation in Karnataka along the 65 km route from KRS dam to Billegundulu on the border area
The Supreme Court had directed Karnataka to release 2.44 TMC
feet of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu while rejecting the latter`s plea 12 TMC ft to save standing crops in delta districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of missing IAF AN-32 plane as yet
- Ground reporting reveals shocking facts about Kashmir unrest
- BJP protests against BSP over 'foul language' used for Dayashankar Singh's daughter
- DNA: Analyzing the complete aspect of UNCIP's resolution on Kashmir
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Blockbuster! 'Sultan' Salman Khan's action drama inching closer to Rs 300 crore
- When hotel staff received complaints about weird noises coming out of Rahul Dravid’s room!
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav backs Dayashankar's ticket-selling allegation against Mayawati
- Jammu & Kashmir violence: DIG South Kashmir, SSP Anantnag transferred
- What an idea! Harbhajan Singh offers Windies bowlers full-proof plan to stop Virat Kohli