Water released from Karna not yet reached Hogenakkal
Salem: A total of 2000 cusecs of water released from Krishnaraja Sagar dam in Karnataka as per the Supreme Court directive has not yet reached Hogenakkal or Mettur dam, PWD sources said.
They suspect that the water released on February 9 might have been used by farmers for irrigation in Karnataka along the 65 km route from KRS dam to Billegundulu on the border area
The Supreme Court had directed Karnataka to release 2.44 TMC
feet of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu while rejecting the latter`s plea 12 TMC ft to save standing crops in delta districts.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed