Water released from Karna not yet reached Hogenakkal
Salem: A total of 2000 cusecs of water released from Krishnaraja Sagar dam in Karnataka as per the Supreme Court directive has not yet reached Hogenakkal or Mettur dam, PWD sources said.
They suspect that the water released on February 9 might have been used by farmers for irrigation in Karnataka along the 65 km route from KRS dam to Billegundulu on the border area
The Supreme Court had directed Karnataka to release 2.44 TMC
feet of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu while rejecting the latter`s plea 12 TMC ft to save standing crops in delta districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’