Water released from Karna not yet reached Hogenakkal
Salem: A total of 2000 cusecs of water released from Krishnaraja Sagar dam in Karnataka as per the Supreme Court directive has not yet reached Hogenakkal or Mettur dam, PWD sources said.
They suspect that the water released on February 9 might have been used by farmers for irrigation in Karnataka along the 65 km route from KRS dam to Billegundulu on the border area
The Supreme Court had directed Karnataka to release 2.44 TMC
feet of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu while rejecting the latter`s plea 12 TMC ft to save standing crops in delta districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal