Water released from Karna not yet reached Hogenakkal
Salem: A total of 2000 cusecs of water released from Krishnaraja Sagar dam in Karnataka as per the Supreme Court directive has not yet reached Hogenakkal or Mettur dam, PWD sources said.
They suspect that the water released on February 9 might have been used by farmers for irrigation in Karnataka along the 65 km route from KRS dam to Billegundulu on the border area
The Supreme Court had directed Karnataka to release 2.44 TMC
feet of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu while rejecting the latter`s plea 12 TMC ft to save standing crops in delta districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...