We will not topple govt: Yeddyurappa
Belgaum: Karnataka Janata Paksha (KJP) chief B S Yeddyurappa today said he would not topple the BJP government and allow Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar to present the budget.
"We will not topple the government. Let the Chief Minister present the budget," he told reporters here.
Yeddyurappa said respecting the views of his partymen that the government should be allowed to present the budget otherwise the newly formed party would earn a bad name, he decided not to topple the government.
He claimed that around 50-60 MLAs including ministers will join his party after completion of term of BJP Government.
Yeddyurappa said people of Karnataka had felt the need for a regional party and expressed optimism his party would emerge victorious in the assembly elections due in May.
Responding to a query, he denied the possibility of aligning with any other party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list