We will not topple govt: Yeddyurappa
Belgaum: Karnataka Janata Paksha (KJP) chief B S Yeddyurappa today said he would not topple the BJP government and allow Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar to present the budget.
"We will not topple the government. Let the Chief Minister present the budget," he told reporters here.
Yeddyurappa said respecting the views of his partymen that the government should be allowed to present the budget otherwise the newly formed party would earn a bad name, he decided not to topple the government.
He claimed that around 50-60 MLAs including ministers will join his party after completion of term of BJP Government.
Yeddyurappa said people of Karnataka had felt the need for a regional party and expressed optimism his party would emerge victorious in the assembly elections due in May.
Responding to a query, he denied the possibility of aligning with any other party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement