‘Will cut tongues of those trying to divide Karnataka’
Shimoga: In controversial comments, Deputy Chief Minister KS Eshwarappa said BJP would not hesitate to sever the tongues of those who try to divide the state on the basis of religion and caste.
"My party will cut the tongues of those who indulge in fissiparous activities, including division of the state on religion and caste basis," he said at a function organised by the Maratha community here.
Eshwarappa said divisive politics is a bad precedent which disturbs the harmony of the state and stymies its growth.
He hailed the contributions of Chatrapathi (paramount sovereign) Shivaji and described him as a great national leader who helped unify society.
Shivaji was founder of the Maratha Empire, which lasted until 1818. He created an independent Maratha kingdom with Raigad as capital and was crowned chhatrapati of the Marathas in 1674.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender