‘Will cut tongues of those trying to divide Karnataka’
Shimoga: In controversial comments, Deputy Chief Minister KS Eshwarappa said BJP would not hesitate to sever the tongues of those who try to divide the state on the basis of religion and caste.
"My party will cut the tongues of those who indulge in fissiparous activities, including division of the state on religion and caste basis," he said at a function organised by the Maratha community here.
Eshwarappa said divisive politics is a bad precedent which disturbs the harmony of the state and stymies its growth.
He hailed the contributions of Chatrapathi (paramount sovereign) Shivaji and described him as a great national leader who helped unify society.
Shivaji was founder of the Maratha Empire, which lasted until 1818. He created an independent Maratha kingdom with Raigad as capital and was crowned chhatrapati of the Marathas in 1674.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest