`Will take final call on truth test on June 26`
Bangalore: After boldly challenging JDS leader
HD Kumaraswamy to take the "truth test" before a deity to
prove his peace bid allegation, Karnataka Chief Minister BS
Yeddyurappa on Wednesday appeared to have softened his stand on the
proposed temple face-off.
Yeddyurappa told reporters here that on June 27 (the date
fixed for the truth test by the two), he would offer prayers
at Dharmasthala and proceed to participate in inauguration of
development works at the nearby Kukke Subramanya temple.
He said religious leaders had written to him and advised
him (to drop the plan) on the issue and he had tremendous
respect for them. Yeddyurappa said he would take a "final
decision" (on the truth test) on the evening of June 26.
The entire episode started unfolding on June 16 when
Kumaraswamy, a former Chief Minister, alleged that Yeddyurappa
had sought to buy his silence by offering inducements in terms
of money and future coalition, among others.
Hitting back, Yeddyurappa placed newspaper advertisements
last Saturday challenging Kumaraswamy to come to the famous
pilgrim town of Dharmasthala in Dakshina Kannada district,
where both of them can meet and take an oath in front of Lord
"If you have the courage to stick to your allegations in
front of the Almighty, I will appreciate your courage. I am
even ready to take a pledge before God that all allegations
made by you are completely baseless", Yeddyurappa had said.
The Chief Minister`s camp, led by Home Minister R Ashoka,
fixed June 27 for the "truth test" and it was accepted in no
time by Kumaraswamy, a Lok Sabha member who is also JDS
Karnataka unit President. Kumaraswamy has stuck to his
position since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe