Woman techie allegedly raped in Bangalore
Bangalore: A woman IT professional from Jharkhand was allegedly raped on the intervening night of Thursday and Friday in Electronics City police station limits here.
"Yes. We have received a complaint. A Jharkhand IT employee was raped at her PG (paying guest accommodation) on the intervening night between Thursday and Friday at about 3 am," Additional Commissioner of Police (Law and Order) Kamal Panth told a news agency.
He said the suspect might be someone who had kept a close watch on the PG accommodation as he had gained entry into the room after her roommate had gone for work shift. First, he was said to have demanded some money and later committed the crime, Panth said.
"A case has been registered and investigation is on," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey