Woman techie allegedly raped in Bangalore
Bangalore: A woman IT professional from Jharkhand was allegedly raped on the intervening night of Thursday and Friday in Electronics City police station limits here.
"Yes. We have received a complaint. A Jharkhand IT employee was raped at her PG (paying guest accommodation) on the intervening night between Thursday and Friday at about 3 am," Additional Commissioner of Police (Law and Order) Kamal Panth told a news agency.
He said the suspect might be someone who had kept a close watch on the PG accommodation as he had gained entry into the room after her roommate had gone for work shift. First, he was said to have demanded some money and later committed the crime, Panth said.
"A case has been registered and investigation is on," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources