Yeddyurappa loyalist ministers in wordy duel
Bangalore: Two ministers loyal to BJP leader B S Yeddyurappa Monday engaged in a wordy duel in the presence of Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar and in full view of a large gathering of officials at Vidhana Soudha, the state secretariat.
The action of Housing Minister V Somanna and Minister for Cooperation B J Puttaswamy brought severe embarrassment to Shettar as the incident occurred at a meeting of top officials called for revewing progress of development works in some departments including social welfare.
Somanna took exception to Puttaswamy allegedly carrying some tales against him to the former chief minister Yeddyurappa, who is now preparing to float his new party.
Law Minister S Suresh Kumar pacified both the ministers.
Puttaswamy, however, rejected Somanna`s allegation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority