Yeddyurappa loyalist ministers in wordy duel
Bangalore: Two ministers loyal to BJP leader B S Yeddyurappa Monday engaged in a wordy duel in the presence of Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar and in full view of a large gathering of officials at Vidhana Soudha, the state secretariat.
The action of Housing Minister V Somanna and Minister for Cooperation B J Puttaswamy brought severe embarrassment to Shettar as the incident occurred at a meeting of top officials called for revewing progress of development works in some departments including social welfare.
Somanna took exception to Puttaswamy allegedly carrying some tales against him to the former chief minister Yeddyurappa, who is now preparing to float his new party.
Law Minister S Suresh Kumar pacified both the ministers.
Puttaswamy, however, rejected Somanna`s allegation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray