Yeddyurappa loyalist ministers in wordy duel
Bangalore: Two ministers loyal to BJP leader B S Yeddyurappa Monday engaged in a wordy duel in the presence of Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar and in full view of a large gathering of officials at Vidhana Soudha, the state secretariat.
The action of Housing Minister V Somanna and Minister for Cooperation B J Puttaswamy brought severe embarrassment to Shettar as the incident occurred at a meeting of top officials called for revewing progress of development works in some departments including social welfare.
Somanna took exception to Puttaswamy allegedly carrying some tales against him to the former chief minister Yeddyurappa, who is now preparing to float his new party.
Law Minister S Suresh Kumar pacified both the ministers.
Puttaswamy, however, rejected Somanna`s allegation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!