Yeddyurappa loyalist ministers in wordy duel
Bangalore: Two ministers loyal to BJP leader B S Yeddyurappa Monday engaged in a wordy duel in the presence of Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar and in full view of a large gathering of officials at Vidhana Soudha, the state secretariat.
The action of Housing Minister V Somanna and Minister for Cooperation B J Puttaswamy brought severe embarrassment to Shettar as the incident occurred at a meeting of top officials called for revewing progress of development works in some departments including social welfare.
Somanna took exception to Puttaswamy allegedly carrying some tales against him to the former chief minister Yeddyurappa, who is now preparing to float his new party.
Law Minister S Suresh Kumar pacified both the ministers.
Puttaswamy, however, rejected Somanna`s allegation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'