Yeddyurappa still in two minds: Siddaramaiah
Bangalore: Former Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa is not steadfast in his idea of floating a new party as he still harbours thoughts of remaining in BJP, Leader of the Opposition in the state Assembly Siddaramaiah said on Friday.
"Yeddyurappa is still dilly dallying with his idea of floating a new party and harbouring thoughts of remaining in BJP. This is reflected in his statement that ministers and MLAs supporting him can join him after government completes its tenure," he told reporters at Bangalore International Airport.
He said Yeddyurappa should clear the air about his plans to float a new party and ask supporting ministers to quit the government and MLAs to leave BJP and join his new outfit.
The disgruntled Karnataka BJP strongman had announced he plans to quit the party before December 10 but he would not pull down the government even after resigning from the House.
Yeddyurappa, who has been cut up with the BJP leadership over the party sidelining him since his resignation last year as Karnataka Chief Minister, had said on October 23 that he would launch his party at a public rally in Haveri.
The former Karnataka Chief Minister was forced to quit by the BJP central leadership in the wake of Lokayukta report on illegal mining indicting him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown