88yr-old man ends life refusing to go old age home
Kochi: Refusing to be sent to an old age
home once again after his eight children expressed
unwillingness to take care of him, an 88-year-old man ended
his life at Paravoor in Ernakulam district.
Police said Bhaskaran Nair`s body was found hanging in
the house of his youngest son Rajeev yesterday.
Rajeev had gone to work when Nair took the extreme step,
A few days ago, another son had approached police saying
they wanted to take him to an old age home, police said.
Nair was taken to an old age home about a month back after
all his children allegedly refused to take care of him. But he
left four days ago and went to Rajeev`s house.
Nair and his wife were staying with Rajeev, who is not
married. They had given him about Rs six lakh after selling
some property. But ever since his wife passed about a year ago
Rajeev too was not keen to have him, police said.
The body has been sent to Ernakulam general hospital for
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends