88yr-old man ends life refusing to go old age home
Kochi: Refusing to be sent to an old age
home once again after his eight children expressed
unwillingness to take care of him, an 88-year-old man ended
his life at Paravoor in Ernakulam district.
Police said Bhaskaran Nair`s body was found hanging in
the house of his youngest son Rajeev yesterday.
Rajeev had gone to work when Nair took the extreme step,
A few days ago, another son had approached police saying
they wanted to take him to an old age home, police said.
Nair was taken to an old age home about a month back after
all his children allegedly refused to take care of him. But he
left four days ago and went to Rajeev`s house.
Nair and his wife were staying with Rajeev, who is not
married. They had given him about Rs six lakh after selling
some property. But ever since his wife passed about a year ago
Rajeev too was not keen to have him, police said.
The body has been sent to Ernakulam general hospital for
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?