Achuthanandan opposed various development projects: Vayalar
Kochi: Union Minister for Overseas Indian Affairs Vayalar Ravi on Saturday alleged that the opposition leader V S Achutanandan had strongly opposed various development projects in Kerala.
During the present Congress-led UDF government`s investors meet "Emerging Kerala" several projects had been opposed by the LDF, Ravi told reporters here.
The union minister said he does not have the opinion that several projects had come to the state during the term of previous Industries Minister Elamaram Kareem.
He was responding to media queries on the statement by Defence Minister A K Antony at a function in the state capital on Wednesday that he regretted that the atmosphere Kerala was not conducive for bringing defence related projects and that he had received better cooperation during the tenure of previous LDF government led by V S Achutanandan.
Asked if he agreed with Antony`s statement, Ravi refused to comment. "This was only a storm in a tea cup", he said.
He said Achutanandan had opposed various projects when Antony was the Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?