Achuthanandan opposed various development projects: Vayalar
Kochi: Union Minister for Overseas Indian Affairs Vayalar Ravi on Saturday alleged that the opposition leader V S Achutanandan had strongly opposed various development projects in Kerala.
During the present Congress-led UDF government`s investors meet "Emerging Kerala" several projects had been opposed by the LDF, Ravi told reporters here.
The union minister said he does not have the opinion that several projects had come to the state during the term of previous Industries Minister Elamaram Kareem.
He was responding to media queries on the statement by Defence Minister A K Antony at a function in the state capital on Wednesday that he regretted that the atmosphere Kerala was not conducive for bringing defence related projects and that he had received better cooperation during the tenure of previous LDF government led by V S Achutanandan.
Asked if he agreed with Antony`s statement, Ravi refused to comment. "This was only a storm in a tea cup", he said.
He said Achutanandan had opposed various projects when Antony was the Chief Minister.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list