Achuthanandan opposed various development projects: Vayalar
Kochi: Union Minister for Overseas Indian Affairs Vayalar Ravi on Saturday alleged that the opposition leader V S Achutanandan had strongly opposed various development projects in Kerala.
During the present Congress-led UDF government`s investors meet "Emerging Kerala" several projects had been opposed by the LDF, Ravi told reporters here.
The union minister said he does not have the opinion that several projects had come to the state during the term of previous Industries Minister Elamaram Kareem.
He was responding to media queries on the statement by Defence Minister A K Antony at a function in the state capital on Wednesday that he regretted that the atmosphere Kerala was not conducive for bringing defence related projects and that he had received better cooperation during the tenure of previous LDF government led by V S Achutanandan.
Asked if he agreed with Antony`s statement, Ravi refused to comment. "This was only a storm in a tea cup", he said.
He said Achutanandan had opposed various projects when Antony was the Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know