Achuthanandan opposed various development projects: Vayalar
Kochi: Union Minister for Overseas Indian Affairs Vayalar Ravi on Saturday alleged that the opposition leader V S Achutanandan had strongly opposed various development projects in Kerala.
During the present Congress-led UDF government`s investors meet "Emerging Kerala" several projects had been opposed by the LDF, Ravi told reporters here.
The union minister said he does not have the opinion that several projects had come to the state during the term of previous Industries Minister Elamaram Kareem.
He was responding to media queries on the statement by Defence Minister A K Antony at a function in the state capital on Wednesday that he regretted that the atmosphere Kerala was not conducive for bringing defence related projects and that he had received better cooperation during the tenure of previous LDF government led by V S Achutanandan.
Asked if he agreed with Antony`s statement, Ravi refused to comment. "This was only a storm in a tea cup", he said.
He said Achutanandan had opposed various projects when Antony was the Chief Minister.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why China stalled India's NSG membership? - Part II
- DNA : World's first' White Tiger' sanctuary opens in Madhya Pradesh
- DNA: World's first' White Tiger' sanctuary opens in Madhya Pradesh - Part II
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote