All-party meet to discuss Kannur situation
Kannur: In the backdrop of the recent violent incidents in the district after the arrest of senior CPI(M) leader P Jayarajan, an all-party meeting has been convened for tomorrow.
The meeting has been convened by Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan, sources said.
An all-party meeting convened by the district authorities on August 4 was boycotted by the CPI(M) alleging that the authorities are denying freedom for political functioning.
The district had witnessed widespread violence after the arrest of Jayarajan, CPI(M) district secretary on August 1 and on August 2 during the state-wide hartal observed by the LDF in protest against Jayarajan`s arrest.
Police also registered cases against 250 CPI(M) activists and leaders including former minister P K Sreemathy and state committee member M V Jayarajan on charges of violation of prohibitory orders during a protest march here on August 1.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog