All-party meet to discuss Kannur situation
Kannur: In the backdrop of the recent violent incidents in the district after the arrest of senior CPI(M) leader P Jayarajan, an all-party meeting has been convened for tomorrow.
The meeting has been convened by Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan, sources said.
An all-party meeting convened by the district authorities on August 4 was boycotted by the CPI(M) alleging that the authorities are denying freedom for political functioning.
The district had witnessed widespread violence after the arrest of Jayarajan, CPI(M) district secretary on August 1 and on August 2 during the state-wide hartal observed by the LDF in protest against Jayarajan`s arrest.
Police also registered cases against 250 CPI(M) activists and leaders including former minister P K Sreemathy and state committee member M V Jayarajan on charges of violation of prohibitory orders during a protest march here on August 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Six more arrested for attack on Punjab spiritual leader Sant Baba Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale
- IPL 9: RCB skipper Virat Kohli 81-run short to create history this season
- Second seed Andy Murray battles into French Open second round
- Watch video: Furious and stormy young sun seeded life on Earth, says NASA
- Being a mom tops my priority list, says Aishwarya Rai Bachchan