All-party meet to discuss Kannur situation
Kannur: In the backdrop of the recent violent incidents in the district after the arrest of senior CPI(M) leader P Jayarajan, an all-party meeting has been convened for tomorrow.
The meeting has been convened by Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan, sources said.
An all-party meeting convened by the district authorities on August 4 was boycotted by the CPI(M) alleging that the authorities are denying freedom for political functioning.
The district had witnessed widespread violence after the arrest of Jayarajan, CPI(M) district secretary on August 1 and on August 2 during the state-wide hartal observed by the LDF in protest against Jayarajan`s arrest.
Police also registered cases against 250 CPI(M) activists and leaders including former minister P K Sreemathy and state committee member M V Jayarajan on charges of violation of prohibitory orders during a protest march here on August 1.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May
- No instances of incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory: Manohar Parrikar