All-party meet to discuss Kannur situation
Kannur: In the backdrop of the recent violent incidents in the district after the arrest of senior CPI(M) leader P Jayarajan, an all-party meeting has been convened for tomorrow.
The meeting has been convened by Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan, sources said.
An all-party meeting convened by the district authorities on August 4 was boycotted by the CPI(M) alleging that the authorities are denying freedom for political functioning.
The district had witnessed widespread violence after the arrest of Jayarajan, CPI(M) district secretary on August 1 and on August 2 during the state-wide hartal observed by the LDF in protest against Jayarajan`s arrest.
Police also registered cases against 250 CPI(M) activists and leaders including former minister P K Sreemathy and state committee member M V Jayarajan on charges of violation of prohibitory orders during a protest march here on August 1.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor
- `Run machine` Virat Kohli credits physical fitness for consistency in performance
- LeEco sells 61,000 units of Le 2 and Le Max2 for online sales record of Rs 78 cr
- Madhuri Dixit turns singer on reality show
- Tripura Civil Service officer rapes woman in Agartala, now absconding