All-party meet to discuss Kannur situation
Kannur: In the backdrop of the recent violent incidents in the district after the arrest of senior CPI(M) leader P Jayarajan, an all-party meeting has been convened for tomorrow.
The meeting has been convened by Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan, sources said.
An all-party meeting convened by the district authorities on August 4 was boycotted by the CPI(M) alleging that the authorities are denying freedom for political functioning.
The district had witnessed widespread violence after the arrest of Jayarajan, CPI(M) district secretary on August 1 and on August 2 during the state-wide hartal observed by the LDF in protest against Jayarajan`s arrest.
Police also registered cases against 250 CPI(M) activists and leaders including former minister P K Sreemathy and state committee member M V Jayarajan on charges of violation of prohibitory orders during a protest march here on August 1.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details