Annadanam facility should be provided round-the-clock: HC
Kochi: The Kerala High court on Wednesday directed that `Annadanam` (free food) facility should be provided to pilgrims of the hill shrine of Lord Ayyappa at Sabarimala round the clock.
A Division Bench, comprising Justice Thothathil B Radhakrishnan and Justice AV Ramakrishnan, also said the `Vazhipadu` (offering) counters should also be open 24 hours.
The bench reiterated that commercialisation in `sannidhanam` and pamba needs to be prevented.
The directions were made on a batch of petitions relating to issues of Sabarimala pilgrims.
The Court also expressed displeasure at authorities not complying with its earlier orders on various steps to be taken to mitigate the hardships of pilgrims in the coming pilgrimage season.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon