Annadanam facility should be provided round-the-clock: HC
Kochi: The Kerala High court on Wednesday directed that `Annadanam` (free food) facility should be provided to pilgrims of the hill shrine of Lord Ayyappa at Sabarimala round the clock.
A Division Bench, comprising Justice Thothathil B Radhakrishnan and Justice AV Ramakrishnan, also said the `Vazhipadu` (offering) counters should also be open 24 hours.
The bench reiterated that commercialisation in `sannidhanam` and pamba needs to be prevented.
The directions were made on a batch of petitions relating to issues of Sabarimala pilgrims.
The Court also expressed displeasure at authorities not complying with its earlier orders on various steps to be taken to mitigate the hardships of pilgrims in the coming pilgrimage season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!