Annadanam facility should be provided round-the-clock: HC
Kochi: The Kerala High court on Wednesday directed that `Annadanam` (free food) facility should be provided to pilgrims of the hill shrine of Lord Ayyappa at Sabarimala round the clock.
A Division Bench, comprising Justice Thothathil B Radhakrishnan and Justice AV Ramakrishnan, also said the `Vazhipadu` (offering) counters should also be open 24 hours.
The bench reiterated that commercialisation in `sannidhanam` and pamba needs to be prevented.
The directions were made on a batch of petitions relating to issues of Sabarimala pilgrims.
The Court also expressed displeasure at authorities not complying with its earlier orders on various steps to be taken to mitigate the hardships of pilgrims in the coming pilgrimage season.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman