Annadanam facility should be provided round-the-clock: HC
Kochi: The Kerala High court on Wednesday directed that `Annadanam` (free food) facility should be provided to pilgrims of the hill shrine of Lord Ayyappa at Sabarimala round the clock.
A Division Bench, comprising Justice Thothathil B Radhakrishnan and Justice AV Ramakrishnan, also said the `Vazhipadu` (offering) counters should also be open 24 hours.
The bench reiterated that commercialisation in `sannidhanam` and pamba needs to be prevented.
The directions were made on a batch of petitions relating to issues of Sabarimala pilgrims.
The Court also expressed displeasure at authorities not complying with its earlier orders on various steps to be taken to mitigate the hardships of pilgrims in the coming pilgrimage season.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'