Annadanam facility should be provided round-the-clock: HC
Kochi: The Kerala High court on Wednesday directed that `Annadanam` (free food) facility should be provided to pilgrims of the hill shrine of Lord Ayyappa at Sabarimala round the clock.
A Division Bench, comprising Justice Thothathil B Radhakrishnan and Justice AV Ramakrishnan, also said the `Vazhipadu` (offering) counters should also be open 24 hours.
The bench reiterated that commercialisation in `sannidhanam` and pamba needs to be prevented.
The directions were made on a batch of petitions relating to issues of Sabarimala pilgrims.
The Court also expressed displeasure at authorities not complying with its earlier orders on various steps to be taken to mitigate the hardships of pilgrims in the coming pilgrimage season.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- President, PM Modi greet nation on Janmashtami
- Twelve people killed in American University attack: Afghan police
- A Flying Jatt tweet review: First day first show
- Xiaomi MIUI 8 ROM starts rolling out: Know which phones in India will get the update
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH