Businessman Radhakrishnan remanded to CBI custody
Kochi: The Chief Judicial Magistrate court here today remanded businessman V M Radhakrishnan to CBI custody for three days in connection with the suicide case of former Malabar Cements Company secretary V Saseendran and his two children.
Radhakrishnan, a contractor who had been working for public sector Malabar Cements, was arrested from Palakkad by a CBI team yesterday.
He has been charged with abetting the suicide of Saseendran and two children, whose bodies were found in their house on January 24, 2011.
The CBI in its remand report submitted in the court pointed out that Radhakrishnan had played an instrumental role in the events that led to the suicide of Sassendran and his children.
The agency contended that Radhakrishnan threatened Saseendran several times following the latter`s refusal to take a favourable stand in a vigilance case against him.
Investigation and the arrest were based on the statement of Saseendran`s wife that her husband had been under severe pressure to suppress corruption and irregularities in the company.
The death of Saseendran and his children had sparked public outrage with political leaders alleging that the company official was the victim of harassment after he refused to hide some of the corrupt deals involving contractors with "high connections."
Radhakrishnan would be in CBI custody till March 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'