Businessman Radhakrishnan remanded to CBI custody
Kochi: The Chief Judicial Magistrate court here today remanded businessman V M Radhakrishnan to CBI custody for three days in connection with the suicide case of former Malabar Cements Company secretary V Saseendran and his two children.
Radhakrishnan, a contractor who had been working for public sector Malabar Cements, was arrested from Palakkad by a CBI team yesterday.
He has been charged with abetting the suicide of Saseendran and two children, whose bodies were found in their house on January 24, 2011.
The CBI in its remand report submitted in the court pointed out that Radhakrishnan had played an instrumental role in the events that led to the suicide of Sassendran and his children.
The agency contended that Radhakrishnan threatened Saseendran several times following the latter`s refusal to take a favourable stand in a vigilance case against him.
Investigation and the arrest were based on the statement of Saseendran`s wife that her husband had been under severe pressure to suppress corruption and irregularities in the company.
The death of Saseendran and his children had sparked public outrage with political leaders alleging that the company official was the victim of harassment after he refused to hide some of the corrupt deals involving contractors with "high connections."
Radhakrishnan would be in CBI custody till March 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi