Chandy down plays criticism on budget proposals
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Wednesday down played criticism aired by some of the ruling Congress members against certain budget proposals presented by Finance Minister K M Mani last week.
The Finance Minister presented a very good budget for the Congress led UDF government, Chandy said while replying to questions on the matter during cabinet briefing here.
On the ciriticism by some Congress MLAs about the budget, Chandy said in a democracy everybody has the freedom of expression. The discussion on the budget in the House itself was way to express once views, he said.
Chandy also refuted reports that there was move to isolate Finance Minister Mani in the UDF. " Such reports are not true and there is no basis for it", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth