Chennithala rules out rejig of Kerala Cabinet
Palakkad: Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee president Ramesh Chennithala Wednesday ruled out the possibility of a reshuffle of the Congress-led UDF Ministry headed by Oommen Chandy.
"There is no need for a Cabinet reshuffle. Circumstances do not warrant that," Chennithala said in reply to queries from reporters.
The debate on a possible Cabinet reshuffle was triggered by a recent statement of general secretary of Sree Narayana Dharma Parialana Yogam (SNDP) Vellapalli Natesan that Chennithala should be inducted in the Ministry.
Some of the Congress leaders had reacted to Natesan`s statement holding that the situation did not warrant such a course and induction of Chennithala in the Cabinet would only create two power centres.
To another question, Chennithala said he fully agreed with Defence Minister A K Antony`s view that political leaders should show moderation while engaging in debates in TV channels.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video