Chennithala rules out rejig of Kerala Cabinet
Palakkad: Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee president Ramesh Chennithala Wednesday ruled out the possibility of a reshuffle of the Congress-led UDF Ministry headed by Oommen Chandy.
"There is no need for a Cabinet reshuffle. Circumstances do not warrant that," Chennithala said in reply to queries from reporters.
The debate on a possible Cabinet reshuffle was triggered by a recent statement of general secretary of Sree Narayana Dharma Parialana Yogam (SNDP) Vellapalli Natesan that Chennithala should be inducted in the Ministry.
Some of the Congress leaders had reacted to Natesan`s statement holding that the situation did not warrant such a course and induction of Chennithala in the Cabinet would only create two power centres.
To another question, Chennithala said he fully agreed with Defence Minister A K Antony`s view that political leaders should show moderation while engaging in debates in TV channels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Harish Rawat virtually admits his presence in 'sting CD', but says meeting journalist is not crime
- Refrain from using adulterated eye makeup, warn doctors
- Eight coaches of Delhi-Faizabad Express derails in Hapur district
- No difference between LF, TMC regimes: Rajnath Singh
- BJP complains to EC of violence after 5th phase polls