CM to evaluate progress of Kochi Metro work on Oct 31
Kochi: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy will evaluate progress of the Kochi Metro project on October 31 here and hold discussions on development plans for Kochi City, to be implemented along with the metro construction.
The meeting had earlier been scheduled for Oct 26.
Chandy will also undertake a site inspection on Oct 26 morning.
The meeting is expected to be attended by state ministers, including Aryadan Muhammed, K Babu, Ibrahim Kunju and Manjalamkuzhi Ali.
Minister of State for Food and Public distribution, KV Thomas, will be a special invitee in the meeting, a Kochi Metro press release said.
"This meeting is expected to take some key decisions regarding the augmentation of the city`s transportation infrastructure in the context of the proposed Metro Rail system," said Elias George, Managing Director, KMRL.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress