Cop stabbed to death, ASI injured critically
Kollam: A constable was stabbed to death and an Assistant Sub Inspector critically injured by suspected burglars at nearby Kulamada Tuesday, police said.
The policemen on patrol were attacked when they tried to intercept the van in which the assailants were travelling, they said, adding the attackers fled the scene and abandoned the vehicle at Varakala, about 20 km from the crime scene.
The deceased was identified as Manian Pillai (47), a constable of Paripally police station.
Joy, the injured ASI, has been admitted to a hospital here in a serious condition.
An intense search has been launched to nab the assailants based on some evidence obtained from the van, including the registration book, police said.
Patrolling had been stepped up in the area recently after several cases of burglary were reported.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump