Cop stabbed to death, ASI injured critically
Kollam: A constable was stabbed to death and an Assistant Sub Inspector critically injured by suspected burglars at nearby Kulamada Tuesday, police said.
The policemen on patrol were attacked when they tried to intercept the van in which the assailants were travelling, they said, adding the attackers fled the scene and abandoned the vehicle at Varakala, about 20 km from the crime scene.
The deceased was identified as Manian Pillai (47), a constable of Paripally police station.
Joy, the injured ASI, has been admitted to a hospital here in a serious condition.
An intense search has been launched to nab the assailants based on some evidence obtained from the van, including the registration book, police said.
Patrolling had been stepped up in the area recently after several cases of burglary were reported.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog