Cops summon top PFI leaders in chopping case
Muvattupuzha: Kerala Police have summoned two top leaders of the radical Muslim group Popular Front of India in connection with the case of a college professor`s hand being chopped off for allegedly preparing a question paper derogatory to Prophet Mohammed.
P. Abdul Hameed and Ashraf Moulavi have been asked to appear before the police Monday. Fifteen activists of PFI have been arrested for the July 4 attack on T.J. Joseph., a Malayalam teacher at the New Man College Thodupuzha. He is on bail for preparing the alleged inflammatory question paper.
Muvattupuzha Circle Inspector P.P. Shams said the notice had been sent by him.
"I sent it yesterday. P. Abdul Hameed and Ashraf Moulavi have been asked to appear before us Monday as part of the investigation in the chopping of the right palm of Joseph," Shams said.
"So far, 15 people have been arrested for their involvement in the crime. As investigations are on, some more could be arrested."
In a related development, a court in Muvattupuzha Friday ordered the confiscation of all assets belonging to a man called Nassar, believed to be the mastermind in the attack on Joseph.
Nassar has been on the run ever since the incident.
The PFI has come under the police scanner since the incident, with its offices being raided and police seizing incriminating documents.
Joseph was attacked by unidentified people while returning from church with his sister and aged mother. His right palm has since been sewn back though doctors say only time will tell if he regains full use of his hand.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what